Friday, January 29, 2010

Avocado News

We got the great news this week... Baby Avocado is genetically safe!

There's a 1:1600 chance that baby avocado could have Downs Syndrome and 1:26,000 chance that baby avocado could have Trisomie 18. Those are amazing numbers and yes... we were concerned with everything, since we've chosen to wait so long.

My doctor told me that I was one of her top 10 healthiest pregnant women.. which Joe was SO excited about, and it actually made me so sad. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that she thinks I am healthy, really... but in the top 10?! I know that I could eat better, exercise more, make better life choices.. and this means is that there are 1000's of women out there that are in questionable health conditions. Yep, that' the mercy in me...

Both Joe and my mom had to remind me to keep positive, and worry more about me and the babe. So I did have another chat with my doctor who reminded me that of all the crazy ideas I've had in my life about; worrying about organic clothing, organic vegetables & milk... stressing about housing products that gas-off, making conscious decisions to be environmental.. all of this has helped keep me healthier. (ok, there is a small part inside of me that wants all my crazy ex-boyfriends to know that I wasn't crazy... being environmentally smart is healthy smart!!) and Joey, you are the best!

So, all in all... we are doing great! Baby Avocado is moving around a little. and I can't wait to see if you are a little Aimee or a little Joey!

No comments:

Post a Comment